Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 18:24:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stephen Krauth <stephenk@stephenk.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SB Live under 4.1 (I know I know...)

So I've scoured the mail archives and it seems there's no definitive
answer on getting the SoundBlaster Live! to work under 4.1.  On my machine
it has many pops and blips when running wavplay or other programs and
eventually hangs the machine.

So is there any new news?

Or... is there another *PCI* sound card that definately works under
FreeBSD?  (I just bought the SBLive and will take it back if I know
another card will work).  Oh, and I'm not too jazzed about using a closed
source package just to get sound working (like OSS)...

Steve K.                              U.F.O. - "For the feeler gauge in you."