Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 02:07:39 -0700 (MST)
From:      Darrern <darren@tzeench.dhs.org>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   network lag

alright, not sure if this is the place for this, but no one seems to know
whats going on and I seem to have confused a lot of people.  and we've
even sat down for 6 hours on irc trying to solve it one on one.  I've
replaced connectors, etc..  just to clear up my network setup here it is:

Windows Me:-----UTP----:HUB:----BNC----:FreeBSD:----BNC----:Win98

FreeBSD of course is my gateway.  my FreeBSD machine has 2 ethernet cards.
one xl0 and one ed0.  or 3comm and lynksys.  3com is the outside world,
lynksys is the internal lan.  my problem is that at times when there is
absolutely no internal lan traffic I can't reach above 60kps between
192.168.1.1(bsd) and 192.168.1.5(win me).  I can't track the variable I
need to fix.  I run natd, and routed(which hasn't helped fix the problem
yet).  I have seen my internal net the way it is setup right now go as
high as 800kps.  nothing is changed and I can't find the variable I need
to fix,  anyone else experiencing this or have any idea how to fix it?

-Darren