Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:55:07 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Craig Harding <crh@outpost.co.nz>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stallman stalls again

At 11:35 PM 3/12/2001, Craig Harding wrote:

>In that context, I would say that Anon's comments are spot on. I'd go
>far as to say that those aforesaid corporate entities could be best
>described as a collection of amoral scumbags who will go to any length
>to further their own profits at the expense of artists and consumers. I
>am more than happy to declare war on these pricks.

Unfortunately, you're taking a shotgun approach. There are many
"middlemen" in the music industry who are not greedy or amoral. And
if you declare war rather than allowing the balance to shift
peaceably, it is the good guys who will be caught in the crossfire.

>Go read Courtney Love's Salon article again and then tell me we don't
>need a revolution.

I've read it, and I'll tell you: We don't need a revolution. She
showed bad business sense and sold out to a rapacious record label.
She shouldn't have.

--Brett Glass