Date:      Sun, 18 May 1997 09:17:23 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Alan Lundin <aflundi@lundin.abq.nm.us>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org.sos@sos.freebsd.dk (Søren Schmidt)
Subject:   Re: What Printer To Get - Postscript

On May 18, 10:35am, Teemu Kuusijarvi wrote:
> Subject: Re: What Printer To Get - Postscript
>
> [ ... ]
> You get color output? I have 870Cxi and Aladdin ghostscript here at work
> and I have managed to get b/w only. Please tell me what driver you use
> and where to get it.

Check out Uli Wortmann's Ghostscript driver for HP850's
(works great for my 870 as well).  You'll have to recompile
ghostscript to add the new driver.  Find his driver at

  ftp://bonk.ethz.ch/gs-driver-distrib/hp850.zip

(He wrote it for OS/2, but it works fine under Unix as well.)

BTW, the cdj550 also works fine with the 850/870 printers,
but you don't get the CRet enhancements.

--alan