Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:28:47 +0200
From:      Juha-Matti Liukkonen <jml@cubical.fi>
To:        Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
Cc:        hm@kts.org, maillist@ovb.ch, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b as tel server

Hi,

cloning sounds good, but optional, IMHO. What about outgoing calls? I
need a way for client (non-isdnd) software to initiate an outgoing voice
call with (almost) zero knowledge of the hardware setup or state,
currently I use the i4bteld# device for this purpose. Maybe it could be
correspondingly cloning, too, or perhaps preferably the dialout command
and status query could be simple ioctl()s for the tel# device, and we
could do away with the teld device altogether?

A pre-created tel device does have the benefit of having a corresponding
teld device a priori (although I am thinking of bumping the teld device
minor to tel+128 from the current tel+64 to allow more active channels)
in the current architecture.

	- Juha

--
Juha-Matti Liukkonen, Cubical Solutions Ltd
Phone: +358(0)405280142