Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2001 18:49:18 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ssh1 broken on today's snapshot ?

OK, some more 'findings'... If I run it in debug mode, all goes as
expected. However, run on its own as a daemon, I actually eventually do get
through eventually after 60 seconds... This sounds suspiciously like a DNS
issue, but I dont see why it would be the case as all authoritative servers
have both an A record and PTR record.

Now here is an even stranger result. If after killing the daemon, and then
running it once in debug mode, restarting the daemon (/usr/sbin/sshd), the
version 1 protocol connects work as expected!

OK, Just finshed a make world and rebooted.  Now everything works as
expected. Was there something peculiar about the Feb 26th snapshot ?

         ---Mike