Date:      Sun, 26 Jan 1997 08:32:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      rfogle@ionet.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        rfogle@ionet.net
Subject:   help!@#

OK, I unplugged my PS/2 mouse, and that got rid of the:

     BIOS Basemem(639k) != RTC Basemem(640k)

error..  I also did a $ dd if=boot.flp of/dev/fd0 to make a new boot disk,
but I'm still coming up with:

FATAL TRAP 12: page fault while in kernel mode

Fault Virtual Address:  0xcc
Fault Code: supervisor read, page not present
Instructor Pointer: 0x8:0xf019e3de
Code Segment: base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b, DPL 0, pres 1,
              def 321, gran 1
Processor Flags: resume, IOPL=0
Current Proc: 0()
Interupt Mask: net tty bio
Panic: page fault

So far, I have:

 disabled L2 cache
 disabled all extended bios functions
 made boot.flp disk from straight DOS and Linux
 downloaded boot.flp (binary, not using netscape) numerous times
 used different floppies
 sat here and pondered why this is becoming so difficult

  If you need any more info, I'll do my best to supply it to you..  Please
help, the future of a Linux convert hangs in the balance.. :)

			Thank you,

			Richard N. Fogle
			rfogle@mail.ionet.net

Richard and Pamela Fogle