Date:      Sat, 24 Dec 1994 22:20:39 -0600
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, savage@cs.washington.edu
Subject:   Re:  Sound under FreeBSD 2.0 and vat

I asked the vat a couple time on the mailling list with no answer,
so I directly mailed Amancio Hasty Jr. because my feeble brain
remembered he was the one working on the vat stuff. He politely
instructed me that Paul Traina (pst@cisco.com) has taken over
ip multicasting and vat. Paul said the vat driver will hopefully
be folded into current kernel in the week of Jan 5, 1995 (and after
that he did do a small blurp to one of the mailing lists saying
the same thing).

so, the vat code is coming to FreeBSD 2.0 real soon.

--mark.