Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 2015 14:42:53 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-fs@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Urgently need some help solving lost space due to snapshots during receive op

I'm trying to move a pool from one system to another - exact same hdd
and config, different in other areas. Both register same space
available, and so should be no issue. The old system is quite full -
still at least 5% free though.

I have done a recursive snapshot on the system and a send/receive over
ssh. Near the end, it final croaks and says no space left. The snapshot
it is sending is nowhere to be found on the receiving system.

Ok, checked free space - should be enough - so I try a simple cp op on
the last dataset, but then it again croaks no space near the end, but at
least I have some data.

Checking space again, it says free space of an expected value, but still
won't allow further data.

I can't seem to figure out why this is not working, I'm currently trying
using compression on the dataset to see if it can't squeeze it on there,
but I still have a couple of no space messages so far.

Where has my space gone?!

TIA