Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:42:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
To:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: spam

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Warren Block wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Eduardo Viruena Silva wrote:
>
> > I have notice that all the spam I receive is always sent to
> > someone else but me.
> >
> > Is there a way of filter all the mail that is not destined to me?
>
> Install procmail and add this recipe to your .procmailrc file.  It will
> redirect mail not addressed to you to a spam folder.  (This does not
> catch a lot of spam for me any more; most spams that make it past my
> sendmail access.db are addressed to me.)  I didn't create this, just
> snarfed it off Usenet quite a while back:
>
> # Mail not addressed to me.
> :0
> * $!^((Resent-|Apparently-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)):.*${LOGNAME}
> $MAILDIR/Spam-folder

let see... it starts with Resent- or Apparently-
or  To Cc or Bcc
then comes ":" then whatever it comes and finally it
requieres my user name...
ok.
that's what I was searching for.
Thanks!

I always have an alias: eduardo.viruena
would it be ok if I add

 # Mail not addressed to me.
 :0
 * $!^((Resent-|Apparently-)?(To|Cc|Bcc)):.*(${LOGNAME}|eduardo.viruena)
 $MAILDIR/Spam-folder

thanks Warren!

	Eduardo.