Date:      Sat, 1 Jun 2002 17:39:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Bacon <crtb@cape.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Charles Bacon <crtb@cape.com>
Subject:   One-way NIC ?

4.2R was great, and 4.5R promises to be greater!  But I wonder
what's happened to my PCMCIA NIC.  Fixed IP addrs, basic setup,
apparently properly ifconfigged etc.

I can successfully ping or open TCP sessions from my laptop,
but it appears invisible to everything else on my home network.

Ping doesn't respond, nor do any of the ports (telnetd, ftpd,
daytime, sshd) enabled in inetd.conf.  I'm using /kernel.GENERIC,
until I get things sorted out.  It doesn't have any firewall
or bpf code configured.

I have a nasty feeling there's something right under my nose,
but I can't figure it out!  Is there an oid I should set?

	Chuck Bacon -- crtb@cape.com
		ABHOR SECRECY -- DEFEND PRIVACY