Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 00:14:15 -0500
From:      Zach Johnson <xopl@execpc.com>
To:        hornback@wireco.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA100 bus... can't find root fs

Thanks for the response Andrew,

I know there is Linux support for it, but its in the form of a Linux kernel
patch... ??

I would have liked to install it while plugged into the ATA100 bus, but it said it
couldn't find any harddisks... is there an easy way during the FreeBSD install to
point the installation program to the disk on the ATA100 controller?

I saw some kernel options for specifying the device where the root filesystem is.
I'm going to try to play with that.

It seems to me if FreeBSD can boot of the drive while on the ATA100 bus, all it
would have to do is understand it needs to continue reading from the same device,
but it tries to find the root filesystem on my primary and secondary ATA buses
(ATA66).  I wonder if I can do anything to make it recognize the ATA100 and it's
disks properly...

Thanks again,
Zach Johnson
--