Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 12:23:19 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ioctl KDSETRAD not working for kbdcontrol

Hi folks,

I am running 2.2.7-STABLE and kbdcontrol(1) is not permitting changes to
the typematic rate on my syscons virtual terminals. Both my kernel and
userland are -STABLE as of Friday 28 August.

I've used gdb to have a look, and the problem is definitely that ioctl()
doesn't understand either KDSETRAD as a request, or doesn't like the
rate structure that kbdcontrol's set_keyrates() passes to it as argp.

Unfortunately, I get a little lost when I try to step into the ioctl()
code. I would really appreciate any help in debugging this problem. Even
finding the code for ioctl() would be a start, at this point!

Thanks,
Sheldon.