Date:      Fri, 07 Nov 1997 16:21:00 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        tech@cdrom.com
Subject:   Slogan contest.  ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

You folks are going to just hate me for this, but I'm afraid that a
little mistake in the way I set up the vote counter has nuked all the
votes I've tabulated so far [insert sounds of head striking brick wall
here].  I'm really really sorry about this and can only ask for
everyone's patience and understanding in submitting their votes just
once again.  For those who've already deleted my first message from
their mailboxes, I append my original message below.

Again, my sincere apologies for wasting everyone's time here.  What
happened is that instead of appending votes, it was writing the file
each time from the beginning and, since I only submitted one vote of
my own as a test, I didn't catch this until I went just now to look at
the voting so far and found only the last vote in the file.  DOH!!
Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed [heads back to bed].

If you voted before, please resubmit your vote.  If you haven't voted
yet, now would be a very good time! :)

I'm going to have to make my own collection of pointy hats for this
one as I think the main one is already in use.

Thanks!