Date:      Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:17:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        Ronnie Clark <Ronj_clark@fellowshipchurch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: burncd questions

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Ronnie Clark  wrote:

> Ok first off, thank you to Nils and Eric for showing me burncd
> instead of xcdroast.
>
> Now, I looked at the man pages for burncd and it looks straight
> forward enough. So I erased a CD-RW I have and then tried to burn
> a file with the following command:
> burncd -f /dev/acd1c data stacys_pics.tar.gz fixate

Well, better create a ISO9660 filesystem out of the files you want to burn
first. Have a look at the mkisofs in /usr/ports/sysutils/mkisofs.

Once you have mkisofs installed, you create a ISO image out of the files
you want to burn onto the CD, and then you use burncd to actually burn it.

Greetings
Nils

Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.tisys.org * nils@tisys.org