Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:45:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Let's nail some things down.

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Wes Peters wrote:

>Yeah, let's keep the infrastructure down to a web page or so.  Each item
>that qualifies for a logo gets a mention on the web page, and may have
>links to:
>
> o A port kit to install it.
> o A vendor web page advertising the product.
> o A FreeBSD web page with notes from the team that tested the product
>   and/or wrote the installer.  (For "Works with" products)

I submit that the ports collection websites be adapted for this purpose.
This infrastructure already exists.

http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html

Maybe we can update the preamble on this document to explain the branding.
Then we can descend the ports tree with 'sed' and tack on some code to
display the logos in the DESCR (or reasonable substitute) or maybe have
the cgi that runs that show do it for us.

This idea handles the port kit. It can handle a link to the vendor. The
notes can go right in the DESCR.

Some "expression based" programming/parsing can easily handle all of this
once it is known what is "Designed for" and what is "Works with"

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/