Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 17:51:31 -0700
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        rminnich@Sarnoff.COM
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make of simple kernel fails after upgrade/make world

In article <Pine.SUN.3.91.981015135352.7166A-100000@terra>,
Ron G. Minnich <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM> wrote:

> upgrade your system. Then do a config of a very simple kernel without any
> scsi in it. The kernel won't build, since a number of files don't get
> built unless a kernel with scsi has been built. So you have to config and
> build a generic or other scsi-based kernel, then build your own kernel.

I can't duplicate this problem on today's -current with the attached
kernel config file.  Can you be more specific?

Are you sure you have an up-to-date /usr/sbin/config?  Are you sure
you ran make depend in the kernel build directory?

John

#
# BLAKE
#
machine		"i386"
cpu		"I686_CPU"
ident		BLAKE
maxusers	32

options		INET			#InterNETworking
options		FFS			#Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options		NFS			#Network Filesystem
options		MSDOSFS			#MSDOS Filesystem
options		FFS_ROOT		#FFS usable as root device [keep this!]
options		NFS_ROOT		#NFS usable as root device
options		"COMPAT_43"		#Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options		UCONSOLE		#Allow users to grab the console

config		kernel	root on wd0

controller	isa0

controller	fdc0	at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
disk		fd0	at fdc0 drive 0

controller	wdc0	at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk		wd0	at wdc0 drive 0
disk		wd1	at wdc0 drive 1

device		sc0	at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector scintr
device		npx0	at isa? port "IO_NPX" irq 13 vector npxintr
device		sio0	at isa? port "IO_COM1" flags 0x10 tty irq 4 vector siointr
device		sio1	at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr
device		lpt0	at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr
device		psm0	at isa? port "IO_KBD" conflicts tty irq 12 vector psmintr

pseudo-device	ether
pseudo-device	gzip
pseudo-device	loop
pseudo-device	pty		16