Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 2001 23:08:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@LUCIDA.CA>
Cc:        Chris Byrnes <chris@jeah.net>, FreeBSD Stable <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, Jonathan Slivko <js43064n@pace.edu>
Subject:   Re: Possible Security Vulnerability

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Matt Heckaman wrote:
> Yep Chris, which is why people *need* to limit regular users via
> login.conf, it can effecively nuke any of these little games the users may
> desire to play with the machine, don't we know it. :)

What are some sensible variables to use?
From doing man login.conf it seems the following variables may be usefull:
     filesize   size                Maximum file size limit.
     datasize   size                Maximum data size limit.
     stacksize  size                Maximum stack size limit.
     memoryuse  size                Maximum of core memory use size
     maxproc    number              Maximum number of processes.
     openfiles  number              Maximum number of open files per
                                         process.
     sbsize    size                Maximum permitted socketbuffer (?? what is this)

cputime doesn't seem to be of much general use. In my case I don't need to
limit how long users are logged in.

What is the difference between filesize and datasize?