Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 16:06:04 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        "G.B.Naidu" <gbnaidu@sasken.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFreee86 and Intel i810 Video card...

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 11:40:11AM +0530, G.B.Naidu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been struggling to configure X windows for my FreeBSd system. Though
> startx starts the X windows, it shows the windows and the fonts really
> big and I cant do much with the Xwindows system. Initailly I thought this
> might be the problem with the Xfree86 3.3.6 version not supporting the i810
> driver. But I have installed Xfree86 4.2.0 and still it's behavior is
> same. Could some body help me how will I be able to make the windows normal
> size and also the font to be small.
>
> My system configuration:
>
> OS: FreeBSD 4.1
> Intel 815EEA video card integrated on the Motherboard.
>
> As mentioned in the hand book, I have loaded the agp.ko module and also did
> MAKEDEV /dev/agpgart.

The problem is that you've configured it to  use the SVGA driver with a
small screen. Use the i810 config file at:

    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=608936+626704+/usr/local/www/db/text/2001/freebsd-questions/20010812.freebsd-questions

Tweak as required. Make sure the monitor settings reflect what you've
got.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>