Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 15:17:29 +0200
From:      cs@mundo-r.com
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Question on FreeBsd

Hello:

I've recently downloaded the 4.2 release of Freebsd from an ftp
(ftp2.dk.freebsd.org) to try it.
But during the installation I've had some problems.
I decided to write the distribution in a cd-rom, because I hadn't  enough
harddrive space for making a FreeBsd partition and
for copying the distribution to the harddrive to make a DOS installation.
So I boot my computer using the two floppies and then I chose the cd-rom
installation. But when the copying packets' process had to start, it says
that can't found any FreeBsd distribution in the CD-ROM, but it's not true.

Finally a friend lent me a harddrive, so I could install FreeBsd. But I
still having another problem. The sistem doesn't allow me to mount any of my
cd-rom drives. I use the command: "mount_cd9660 cd0a /mnt/cdrom1". The
sistem says something like "The device is not configured". I've tried tu use
instead of cd0a, cd0b, cd1a, ... But it doesn't work anyway.
But it's very strange, because during the process of boot, the cd-roms are
recognized.
(I've two cd-rom units: "AOpen, Model: CD-952EAKH" and "Yamaha, Model:
8424E")

Thank you.

PS: I'm sorry if I did any mistakes in the writing of this e-mail, but as
I'm from Spain, my knowledge of english it's not very good.