Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:22:17 -0500
From:      Steve Bertrand <steve@northnetworks.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Network woes...

    This is my first time running BSD, and after install I can not see
past my ethernet address.  I have an ed0 with the address of
192.168.250.102/24, and all other devices also follow the same
convention.  I can ping ed0, but no further.  I am assuming that ed0
will only show up if the proper drivers have been installed during the
installation of the OS.  Are there any firewalls installed by default
that could be blocking me from getting out, or does it sound like I have
a more serious problem?  Where are the config files for my ethernet card?

Tks,

- Steve Bertrand