Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 1998 03:20:52 +0700 (JAVT)
From:      Arman Hazairin Hasan <arman@ai3.net>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TCP connection hang

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, David Greenman wrote:

> >netstat -s output:
> >tcp:
> >                  405919 discarded for bad checksums
>
>    Wow, that's a lot of bad checksums.

Hehehe.... that numbers come because that machine already up
for 139 days without any interruption (Gee this is FreeBSD).
And, we already try to transfer binary file since that time
(of course the result is the same :)
So, basically its about 7 count of checksum error if you compare
it to the status before and after ftp session.

> >So, is it mean that SCO implementation has problem, or just wrong setup
> >in
> >that SCO box ?
>
>    I think the problem is with the routers and not the computers.

If the problem in the routers, why can i transfer 1.8MB of
uuencoded file without any problem. Doesnt it suppose to do
retransmission instead of just keep silent ?

Maybe I should compare the tcpdump output of both side, and do \
packet dump (option x?) so we can lookup into tcp checksum. And
see where the packet has been hamperred.

Or maybe I just put FreeBSD box as a replacement for SCO :)
Seems like good idea, anyone ?

> -DG
>
> David Greenman
> Core-team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project

-arman-