Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2002 15:12:38 +0100 (CET)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Patrik_=C5str=F6m?= <patrik@astrom.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   "Live" Streaming video with FreeBSD ?

Hi,

I would like to be able to record "live" streaming video from one place
and "relay" this stream to another site that have more bandwith!, we use
FreeBSD for everything else and I would like to be able to do this with
FreeBSD as well. Do anyone have any experience in this field and who is
willing to share some tips and tricks with me ?.

I have never worked with Streaming Video and audio before so I would
be most gratefull for any hints and/or suggestions you could share with
me !, I would also like to get some advice on what "Capture" cards to use
and if it is possible to use "DV" cameras for this ?.

I have found CamServ and ffmpeg but there seems to be problems with both,
CamServ only supports one type of capture cards and ffmpeg don't work if
one reads the FAQ at http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net. Is there anything else
or are these programs what one should use for streaming video/audio under
FreeBSD ?.

What is http://www.streamingserver.org/ ?, could this help me ?. The site
seems to be closed though !.

Regards