Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 09:36:24 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        john goerzen <jgoerzen@cs.twsu.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Plea for help! And panic & bug reports!

[ PLEASE do not cross-post to questions, hackers and bugs!  I'm getting
  pretty cheesed-off at people dumping multiple copies of stuff into
  my mailbox and will be adopting a policy shortly of not even responding
  to something which is cross-posted to more than 2 major mailing lists
  (and even 2 is one too many) - if you want a response from me (or anyone
  who feels the same way as me) in the future then please limit your posts
  to a SINGLE list!  Thanks!!!]

This problem is easy to fix.  Boot single user with the `-s' flag and
then do:

	mount -u /
	passwd root
	<password>