Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 1999 23:17:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
To:        Dima Sivachenko <dima@Chg.RU>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to talk with modem?

Tip can do a large part of this job for you. Check out the man pages
for modems(5) and remote(5), which describe how to configure tip for
this.

If you want it to automatically log in and run things after it's
connected, the previously recommended 'chat' or 'expect' programs will
probably work better.

	<mike