Date:      Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:18:51 -0500
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Firsto Lasto <firstolasto@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, bts@babbleon.org
Subject:   Re: how do I ftp a large file ?

In the last episode (Oct 13), Firsto Lasto said:

> Ok, well I guess a:
>
> "I'll make a conscious effort to arbitrarily limit functionality just
> because I don't need it"
>
> is one way to approach things.

the wrong way, of course:)

We ftp files up to 10gb between OSes here with no problems at all.
Chances are you have an old FTP binary on your Linux box that was not
explicitly compiled to accept files over 2gb.  Linux defaults to using
a 32-bit interface unless told otherwise.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com