Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2018 22:24:22 +0100
From:      Rainer Duffner <rainer@ultra-secure.de>
To:        "Derek (freebsd lists)" <482254ac@razorfever.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: freebsd-update: to a specific patch level - help please?

<482254ac@razorfever.net>:
>=20
> Hi!
>=20
> I was surprised when using freebsd-update, that there was no way to =
specify a patch level.

AFAIK, the usual answer to these kinds of requests is: =E2=80=9ERun your =
own freebsd-update server=E2=80=9C.

Mirroring one of the existing ones is AFAIK neither guaranteed to work =
nor desired by the current =E2=80=9Eadministration=E2=80=9C.

I=E2=80=99ve contemplated doing both, but never had enough heart-ache to =
do it and never thought the pay-off would be greater than the potential =
problems.

It=E2=80=99s also a somewhat transient problem now because - AFAIK - =
FreeBSD will see packaged base and you can probably mirror those =
packages and snapshot the directory at any point in time.
And/Or it=E2=80=99s just easier to create these base-packages yourselves =
vs. running your own freebsd-update server.