Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 12:05:32 +0200 (CDT)
From:      "Martin Bartelds" <bts@iaehv.nl>
To:        "cjclark@alum.mit.edu" <cjclark@alum.mit.edu>, "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Double reverse lookup: OFF !!!!

Hello Crist,

Yep, it's the first rule, however the comment in the files say's: first match goes and
be warned: "with the standard configuration, it's completely open".

I installed the (changed) tcpd wrapper for ftpd, however do still get the verify declines.
Maybe that's because I didn't install it for the IP6 ftpd line.

Otherwise, it's maybe ftpd who still does the checking, after tcpd did skip it.
How did the tcp_wrappers enter ftpd (libraries) ?

Martin.

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000 17:51:27 -0700, Crist J . Clark wrote:

>> > It's the TCP wrapper. If you want to find the source, look in
>> > /usr/src/contrib/tcp_wrappers. What's in your /etc/hosts.{allow,deny}?
>>
>> host.allow does have:
>> ALL:ALL:allow
>>
>> So I'm pretty much surprised, the connections get declined.
>
>That is the first rule, right?
>
>If you still have problems, you might consider running ftpd(8) as an
>independent daemon outside of inetd(8).
>--
>Crist J. Clark                           cjclark@alum.mit.edu

M.G.N. Bartelds
BTSoftware
European Shareware Registration & Distribution
http://www.btsoftware.com