Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 10:57:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Pavan Balaji <pavanbalaji@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem adding new system call!!

I was trying to add a system call to my kernel. I did
the following steps:

1. Added my ".c" file in the list of files to be
compiled at /usr/src/sys/conf/files

2. Added the system call entry to
/usr/src/sys/kern/inet_sysent.c and
/usr/src/sys/kern/syscall.master

3. Added the argument structure and prototype to
/usr/src/sys/sys/sysproto.h

4. Added a user accessible header file to
/usr/include/netinet/

It doesn't seem to work. The kernel compiles and loads
without any problem, but the user application says
that the header file definition is an invalid macro.
I'm not following any manual, but just using my Linux
experience with FreeBSD (It's not good enough I guess
:-().

Any suggestions?

Pavan Balaji,
CIS Graduate Student,