Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:52:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Yeske <dyeske@yahoo.com>
To:        nork@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Mario <lioux@freebsd.org>
Subject:   graphics/OpenEXR and USE_GCC

graphics/OpenEXR/Makefile sets USE_GCC to 3.1

I removed the USE_GCC entry and I was able to compile it on a recent FreeBSD current system.

should the USE_GCC entry be wrapped with a OSVERSION test?

If I compile OpenEXR on a FreeBSD stable machine with gcc 3.1, than I can't link against OpenEXR
with filmgimp that is compiled with the stock compiler.  I was able to make filmgimp work on
stable by making it also use gcc 3.1

So what is the solution for these types of situations?  Should filmgimp use gcc 3.1 on stable
because OpenEXR does, or is there a better way?

Regards,
David Yeske