Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 15:27:17 EDT
From:      RnldFreud@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   internet connection

--part1_12.148a0f64.290c6495_boundary

i want to thank all thosewho have responded to my questions on connecting to
bellsouth.net with a alcatel adsl modem.  at the present time i have been
unable to establish a connection. i have tried everyones suggestions and
looked at the handbook online. the system recognizes the alcatel because when
i plug it in it tells me its there and when i disconnect it tells me it is
disconnected.  what i can not do is establish the login.  i quess i just dont
understand how unix works the theory so to speak.  in windows you establish
dial up networking but this is different. what am i missing??

--part1_12.148a0f64.290c6495_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>i want to thank all thosewho have responded to my questions on connecting to bellsouth.net with a alcatel adsl modem. &nbsp;at the present time i have been unable to establish a connection. i have tried everyones suggestions and looked at the handbook online. the system recognizes the alcatel because when i plug it in it tells me its there and when i disconnect it tells me it is disconnected. &nbsp;what i can not do is establish the login. &nbsp;i quess i just dont understand how unix works the theory so to speak. &nbsp;in windows you establish dial up networking but this is different. what am i missing??</FONT></HTML>

--part1_12.148a0f64.290c6495_boundary--