Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2001 16:55:30 +0200
From:      Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?= <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Netscape 4.77?

Aloha!

I'm having some troubles with Netscape Communicator.

I've been running 4.7x for some time, and the stability is more or less
bad (lotsa bus errors and seg faults - pointer arithmetic is fun, no?)

As a way to solve this problem I deistalled the 4.76 version and instead
installed the linux-netscape47 version. This seems to be a more stable
solution, with one exception. The address book doesen't work.

If I start writing on an email address and then hit TAB for completion,
the address book is ignored and the default completion is used. No,
worries, just click on the address book, select the apropriate name and
press the "to:" button - KABLAM! Seg faults everytime!

Now, I can stand some instability but not a broken address book
functionality. Deinstall of linux-netscape47-communicator and back into
the FreeBSD netscape47-communicator.

fetis:/usr/ports/www> cd netscape47-communicator/
fetis:/usr/ports/www/netscape47-communicator> make install
===>  netscape-communicator-4.76 is marked as broken: has a serious
security hole, use 4.77 instead.

Ok, sounds ok, but *how* do I do it? Apart from using
linux-netscape47-communicator?

Searching the netscape web page reveals that the latest FreeBSD version
is 4.76.

--
Cheers!
Joachim - Alltid i harmonisk svängning