Date:      Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:59:59 +0800 (SGT)
From:      chas <panda@peace.com.my>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   looking for confirmation on prefered website mirroring method

Just looking for a bit of confirmation since it's a case
of the bling leading the blind at my end .....

>From what I can see, ncftp looks to be as good
as it gets in terms of mirroring website document trees.
For security, we'll setup a rule in the firewall to allow
the mirror machine ftp access.
Is this the usual way to mirror websites on FBSD ?

Also, is it possible to trigger ncftp when files are modified ?
(with perhaps a 5 minute delay to allow for all modifications
on the source to complete). or would you simply set a
very frequent cron job (every 15 minutes, say).

Thank you,

chas