Date:      Sun, 7 Feb 2010 10:30:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Tillman <btillman99@yahoo.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless Access Point

Okay bad news.
=A0
There were just too many problems with this setup. I recall a few weeks ago=
 building an 8.0 server and it had troubles as well. So I reinstalled 7.2-R=
ELEASE on this server and here's what happened:
=A0
The laptop got an IP address and connected not instantly but much quicker t=
han when I was running 8.0-STABLE.
=A0
The download speed from ftp.freebsd.org was over 200KB/s instead of 39KB/s =
like last night under 8.0-STABLE
=A0
I'm still testing this today but this NIC at least (Saberent using the ral0=
 chip) appears to have big problems under 8.0-STABLE
=A0
=A0=0A=0A=0A