Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:22:13 +0200
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        Bob Bomar <bulldog@fxp.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel build procedure does not update kernel

Hi Bob!

On 21 Mar 02 at 15:24 you wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 10:10:20PM +0200, Toomas Aas wrote:

> > cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
> > /usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL
> > cd ../../compile/MYKERNEL
> > make depend
> > make
> > make install
> >

> Try going to /usr/src/ and make kernel KERNCONF=<kernel name>,
> or make buildkernel KERNCONF=<kernel name>
> make installkernel KERNCONF=<kernel name>

I thought of that, but the Handbook says:

If you have not upgraded your source tree in any way (you have not run
CVSup, CTM, or used anoncvs), then you should use the config, make
depend, make, make install sequence.

As I didn't think that applying single patch falls under this
definition of 'upgrading the source tree', I decided to stick to the
old method.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Mcmxlogist: An expert translator of Roman numerals.