Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 1997 21:49:04 -0500
From:      dkelly@HiWAAY.net
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   NGROUPS in include file(s)

Ran across a little gotcha while porting to FreeBSD 2.2.2 where the
didn't have the #ifdef __FreeBSD__ shown below but needed it in order
to get a definition of NGROUPS.

Take out my #include <sys/param.h> and get:
/usr/include/sys/ucred.h:47: `NGROUPS' undeclared here (not in a function)

This mess starts in <sys/mount.h>

Am wondering if the include tree is supposed to include other include
files when making references to external items? Or am I supposed to hunt
them down and include them all myself?

This is the really tough demo program:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <sys/types.h>