Date:      Fri, 10 May 2013 10:44:40 -0400
From:      Lucas Holt <luke@foolishgames.com>
To:        Shawn Webb <lattera@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Generating ISO With Pre-Installed Packages

As Rick pointed out, the package split script will get the packages on the m=
edia. You also need to modify the install process to actually install the de=
fault packages. You might want to look at the bsdinstall setup and add a scr=
ipt there to load the packages. Another approach is to create a script that r=
uns on first boot that can install the packages via network or possibly off t=
he media. For MidnightBSD, I created a firstboot script that prompts the use=
r to install a graphical desktop environment and the fetched meta packages f=
rom our ports tree that would pull down everything required for kde or GNUst=
ep + window maker. It was easier as we had sysinstall still.=20

Lucas Holt