Date:      Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:39:36 +0100
From:      Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish@planet.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Nautilus errors during Gnome Desktop startup...

--Boundary_(ID_DVt3Iutf0H8QxR3YPRa/Gg)

All of a sudden, my Gnome desktop is not starting up correctly anymore. The
splash screen displays the usual startup icons one after the other: until
Nautilus. After that the mouse-pointer remains a thick cross and the usual
window handling stuff has broken down completely. When I close down the
Gnome Desktop, I can just make out a bunch of Nautilus related errors
appearing on the screen.

How can I best trouble-shoot this, e.g. is there some error log file I can
examine? Could it have something to do with the fact that the day before I
updated to the latest Perl version?

Thanks a lot in advance.

--

Kiffin Rex Gish
Gouda, The Netherlands

--Boundary_(ID_DVt3Iutf0H8QxR3YPRa/Gg)--