Date:      Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:01:23 +0100
From:      Cejka Rudolf <cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        Eric Lee Green <eric@estinc.com>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Troubles with Mammoth2 if there is a tape error

Matthew Jacob wrote (2001/02/20):
> I'm sorry- but this is short notice for me to respond. I will try and get to
> this.

I would like to write anything more, but I can not imagine,
what exactly more you need to know about this. I'm sorry.

Maybe it would be sufficient to commit my understandings: After
tape error event, kernel tries to repeat (or send next?) WRITE
commands and tape still returns just only deferred errors? ... But
after next WRITE commands tape should return immediate errors?

Anyway, big thanks to you and others interested, who
possibly waste own time with this...

--
Rudolf Cejka   (cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz;  http://www.fee.vutbr.cz/~cejkar)
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of El. Engineering and Comp. Science