Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:37:30 +0000
From:      "Matt Lazarou" <optical_longhaul@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Regarding Interface For My NIC

Hi,

For some reason whenever I boot into FreeBSD my interface txp0 wont be
assigned an IP.  When i do ifconfig -a to check the status I see that it
says:

I edited the rc.conf in /etc and hosts in /etc and updated my new dns there
with the correct IP.  Also, I reconfigured my NIC setup with the DHCP but
it's still not picking anything up.  Any clue why interface is having
trouble?  Everything works fine under windows 2k pro.

Any help would be greatly apperciated.