Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2017 23:54:11 +0200
From:      Ralf Wenk <iz-rpi03@hs-karlsruhe.de>
To:        Sylvain Garrigues <sylgar@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rpi3 - changing MAC address of ue0 between GENERIC and  GENERIC-NODEBUG kernels

Hello,

I wrote:
> Sylvain Garrigues <sylgar=40gmail.com> wrote:
> =5B...=5D
> >=20
> > You may want to try to download / compile more recent versions of
> > firmware / DTB / u-boot than the 2017.01 from ports and check if
> > they solved this issue.
> >=20
> > Sylvain
>=20
> OK, so I will try the current raspbian first to get the hopefully
> constant MAC address for my board from there. After that I will try
> the newer versions step by step.

After replacing bootcode.bin, fixup*.dat and start*.elf with the
raspbian versions from 2017-08-11, three FreeBSD kernel from mid
October to Monday used the same MAC address as raspbian.
Starting with the expected b8:27:eb.
I did not touch u-boot.bin.

A FreeBSD kernel from July showed a totally different MAC address.

Thanks again.

Ralf