Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 09:44:55 -0500
From:      "Norman C. Rice" <nrice@emu.sourcee.com>
To:        "Daniel \"the Bruce\" Keller" <dkeller@psln.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: where can I get fetch?

On Sun, Nov 16, 1997 at 11:46:57PM -0800, Daniel "the Bruce" Keller wrote:
> Hi,
> can somebody tell me where I can get fetch? I would like to run it on my
> account on my ISP's server, but they don't have it, guess they should have
> chosen FreeBSD!
> Thanks,
> Daniel

Sorry, I assumed you were dealing with an ISP that was running a FreeBSD
box. I believe it would be much less painless to use the ncftp(1) program's
"colon-mode" than it would be to port fetch(1).

If this has to do with your previous question, just prefix the ncftp(1)
command with nohup(1). For example,

   nohup ncftp ftp.somewhere.edu:/pub/myfile

You can check nohup.out for pertinent messages. If you use wildcards for file
names, be sure to escape them from your shell.
--
Regards,
Norm