Date:      Fri, 08 Oct 1999 21:31:52 -0500
From:      "Pedro Fernando Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Targeting the server: Not such a good idea?

Brett Glass wrote:

Brett, if you are going to throw YOUR money in, I'll give you moral
support :-). Start hiring this GUI expert that quit working with the Red
Hat people..the author of enlightenment. Maybe I read wrong, but it
seems like he was not converted to the GPL.

> Does Corel have server products? (Other than Corel Linux itself, I don't
> know of any.) It'd be great to get their CLIENT products onto FreeBSD
> as a native port. But this would require gaining steam as a client OS.
> And even then, they might not do it because they have foolishly bought
> into Linux.

I was thinking more in the line of their NC's stuff. But now that I
think it they are producing an installation utility for Linux, and they
are now facing problems with the fanatic GPLr's, so if you contact them
you'll probably convince them of the GPL error.

> As for the others -- yes, they should port their server stuff AND their
> client stuff. Both. Otherwise, people who wish to run the same OS on
> both client and server will pick something other than FreeBSD.

Start with the server stuff...the rest will surely fall later.

Pedro.