Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2001 20:03:19 +0500
From:      "Haikal Saadh" <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
To:        "'Anthony Atkielski'" <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>, "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Where does named dump statistics?

> I tried sending SIGINT to named to get a dump of statistics,
> and it wrote a message to the log saying that it had dumped
> them, but I can't find anything that looks like a named.db
> file anywhere, including in /var/tmp where it is supposedly
> placed.  Where is the dump going?  This is FBSD 4.3 RELEASE
> and named 8.2.3.

Can't you just do this more easily with ndc? I forget the exact syxtax
but typing ndc, and then help should give you a list of commands. And
the dump goes in /etc/namedb, unless you've chrooted it, in which case
it's supposed to go to the chrooted directory, IIRC. (Have not done
this, but it's in the docco).