Date:      Sat, 10 Mar 2001 12:52:07 -0800
From:      Forrest <praxis@techpraxis.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Xwrapper: no modules loaded for 'xserver' service

Hi,

I am still having trouble with my X configuration after upgrading to
4.3-BETA.

The command 'startx' at the console returns:

Mar 10 12:44:40 mymachine Xwrapper: no modules loaded for 'xserver' service
Mar 10 12:44:40 mymachine Xwrapper: no modules loaded for 'xserver' service
[again]
Authentication failed -- cannot start X server.
Perhaps you do not have console ownership?^Cxinit: unexpected signal 2
[I ctrl-C'd here]

'X -version' generates:
 same error as above
But I am running XFree86 3.3.6

Any ideas? I have made sure that /usr/X11R6/bin/X --> Xwrapper
And also have edited the file
/etc/fbtab
By uncommenting the line
#/dev/ttyv0     0600    /dev/console