Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 2015 10:41:51 -0600
From:      Doug McIntyre <merlyn@geeks.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Place servername in TAB iTerm

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 01:51:15PM +0100, Johan Hendriks wrote:
> >> I use iTerm on my mac.
> >> When I connect to a Linux (Ubuntu) machine, in the TAB the name off the

> Thanks that works, can this be automated when I log in

Yes, most likely you'll want to set your personal shell's rc script to
echo it out when you login, or usually where it is done is right in
the command line prompt. Take a look at a typical linux installation's
shell rc scripts for setting the prompt. Ie. ~/.cshrc or ~/.bashrc or
~/.profile or ~/.bash_profile all depending on your shell and what
you've got going on.