Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:00:31 +0100
From:      "robi" <rnunnari@libero.it>
To:        andyf@speednet.com.au
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: minimal (binary) installation upgrade

Hi Andy.

with that ("NOMAN=3D true") I managed to install on
80 Mb /usr
Then I went on and wipe out by hand all man pages
and other doc under /usr/share that were previously
installed when it failed... so now I even have some
free space on disk. hehehe.

Take care.

> On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, robi wrote:
>
> > How can I get a minimal installation using installworld
> > like the one I had from the installation CD? (only binaries,
> > no doc, no src, ...)
>
> Here is what I use to install a minimal system onto a 100MB disk:
> (note the addition of "NOMAN=3D true" - hope this helps!)
>
> CFLAGS=3D -O -pipe
> COPTFLAGS=3D -O -pipe
> NO_CVS=3D         true    # do not build CVS
> NO_FORTRAN=3D     true    # do not build g77 and related libraries
> NO_LPR=3D         true    # do not build lpr and related programs
> NO_OBJC=3D        true    # do not build Objective C support
> NO_SHAREDOCS=3D   true    # do not build the 4.4BSD legacy docs
> NO_X=3D           true    # do not compile in XWindows support (e.g.
doscmd)

--
Roberto Nunnari
Luck is... miss the wrong train.