Date:      Fri, 07 May 1999 10:57:43 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        "James E. Housley" <housley@frenchknot.ne.mediaone.net>, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual MB

Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm running -current on a GigaByte GA-6BXD which has been trouble-free.
> Variants are available with onboard SCSI and ethernet.

     I'll second the GigaByte motherboard.  They're also very
inexpensive, compared to Asus and Tyan, even though they're based upon
the 440BX chipset.  You can get the 6BXD for under US$170 (yes, this is
a dual-CPU board!), and the 6BXDS (the 6BXD with on-board F/W SCSI) can
be had for under US$300.  I'm using the 6BXDS, and I'm happy with it
(especially since I got it for around US$235, before the prices went
up).  The only "problem" is that the 6BXDS doesn't support LVD SCSI,
just plain F/W (which is probably why it's inexpensive -- the Gigabyte
dual CPU board with LVD SCSI costs around US$430, which is comparable to
those of Asus and Tyan).

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.