Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 05:17:36 -0500
From:      Mike Irwin <mdi@foobox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound card and kernel config

I'm having difficulty getting my Sound Blaster 16 PCI card working
properly under FreeBSD 4.5R. The problem that I'm seeing is that if I
attempt to play a music file (mp3, wav, etc.), the machine completely
locks up, requiring a forced reboot. I'm guessing I've not configured
the kernel properly, but I've recompiled more times in the past couple
days than I care to remember.

Here's the output of cat /dev/sndstat:
pcm0: <Creative CT5880-C> at io 0xec00 irq 10 (1p/1r/0v channels duplex)

...the output of dmesg |grep pcm:
pcm0: <Creative CT5880-C> port 0xec00-0xec3f irq 10 at device 11.0 on
pci0

...and here's what I've included in my kernel config:
device          pci0
device          pcm
device          snd
device sb0      at pci0 port 0x220 irq 10 drq 1
device sbxvi0   at pci0 drq 5
device sbmidi0  at pci0 port 0x330
device opl0     at pci0 port 0x388

Am I missing something?