Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 1997 19:39:00 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2-GAMMA install comments

> 1) if some distribution is selected but missing (e.g. I chose
>     "X-developer" but did not have "proflibs" and "info" on my disk),
>     then X is not installed. The install program correctly informs me

Hmmm.  Are you really sure that's the cause, or was X *also* just not
installed?  The failure to load one distribution shouldn't stop
processing of other distributions unless a genuine hard error was
detected on the media, in which case the whole show stops since
there's no point in going on.

> 2) in the "Adduser" form, the "Login Id" entry is a bit too small
>    (5-6 chars instead of 8 ?) -- Also, if the adduser fails because of
>    some problem (e.g. a non-existing group), the content of the form
>    is not preserved and one has to reenter everything from scratch.

I'll look into these if Joerg doesn't beat me to it - thanks!

					Jordan